Tracking email engagement rates is crucial to enhance the overall email marketing strategy and ultimately the revenue.
However, with the availability of numerous tools, selecting the best email-tracking software can be challenging.
But it is crucial to note that not every tool is suitable for every team, and there is no such thing as the perfect email tracking tool.
So, if you are looking for email tracking software, here is a list of tools you can go through.
In this post, we covered all the details regarding the industry, budget, and specific needs. Choose the best according to your needs.
Table Of Contents
1. What is email tracking?
2. List of best email tracking software
2.3. MailTracker by Hunter
2.4. Free email tracker by Saleshandy
2.5. Streak email tracking for Gmail
2.6 Right Inbox
3. Why should users care about email tracking?
What is email tracking?
Email tracking is a technique used to monitor the delivery and recipient’s interaction with emails. It is a way to determine whether the emails you send have been opened and whether the links within them have been clicked. The main goal of email tracking is to provide insights into the effectiveness of your email campaigns and to help you understand how recipients engage with your messages.
List of best email tracking software
Features: It offers real-time email tracking, read notifications, click tracking, email scheduling, attachment tracking, and team analytics.
- Easy to use
- affordable pricing
- good customer support
- Limited features compared to other email tracking software
- not ideal for large-scale teams
Pricing: They offer a free plan with limited features. However, you can switch to their paid pro-tier annual plan starting at $1 per month for additional features.
MailTag is an email tracking tool that allows you to track your emails and receive real-time notifications when they’re opened and clicked.
Features: It provides insights into your overall open and link-click rates. The tool’s Pings feature allows for automation directly within your inbox, making it easy to set up automated follow-up emails and receive real-time notifications. This feature helps streamline communication and saves time for users.
- User-friendly interface
- extensive features
- reasonable pricing
- Limited reporting features
- occasional bugs
Pricing: Starts at $9.99 per user per month for the Basic plan. They even offer a 14-day free trial.
3. MailTracker by Hunter:
MailTracker by Hunter is a simple and straightforward email tracking tool that allows you to track your emails and receive real-time notifications when they’re opened. It may be a good choice for users who value simplicity and ease of use.
Features: You can view the tracking details within Gmail, including when the email was opened, how many times, and what devices the user is on.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
- real-time notifications
- Limited features and reporting capabilities.
Pricing: It’s free for everyone.
4. Free email tracker by Saleshandy:
Email tracker by SalesHandy offers a free email tracking tool that allows you to track your emails and get real-time notifications when your emails are opened or links are clicked.
Features: Email open tracking, link click tracking, unlimited email tracking, integration with Gmail, Outlook, and other email clients
- Free: SalesHandy’s email tracker is completely free to use
- User-friendly: The tool is easy to set up and use
- Unlimited tracking: You can track as many emails as you want without any restrictions
- Real-time notifications: You’ll receive real-time notifications when your emails are opened or links are clicked
- Limited features: SalesHandy’s free email tracker has limited features compared to some other email tracking tools
- No customer support: SalesHandy doesn’t offer customer support for its free email tracker
Pricing: SalesHandy’s email tracker is completely free to use.
5. Streak email tracking for Gmail:
Features: Email open tracking, link click tracking
- Comprehensive features: Streak offers a comprehensive set of features for email tracking and management
- Easy to use: The tool is user-friendly and integrates seamlessly with Gmail
- Collaboration: Streak allows for team collaboration and sharing of information
- CRM integration: The tool integrates with Google Sheets to provide CRM functionality
- Limited to Gmail: Streak is only available as a Gmail extension and doesn’t work with other email clients
- Limited free plan: The free plan has limited features. You can track 200 emails per month.
Pricing: This extension is completely free with unlimited usage.
6. Right Inbox:
Right Inbox serves as a handy Google Chrome add-on that operates right inside Gmail, giving a boost to your emailing tasks and granting you a chance to monitor clicks.
You can see who opens and clicks on your emails, how often they do it, and the timing using the email tracking option.
Features: email tracking, click tracking, attachment tracking, multiple recipient tracking
- Right Inbox streamlines your email management within Gmail, helping you accomplish tasks faster.
- Email tracking and click tracking offer valuable insights into recipient behavior and engagement.
- The email reminder and sequence features aid in timely and organized follow-ups.
- Email scheduling lets you send messages at the most appropriate times for recipients in different time zones.
- Using templates ensures consistent and professional communication, especially for repetitive emails.
- The add-on integrates seamlessly with Gmail, requiring no additional tools or interfaces to learn.
- Right Inbox is primarily designed for Gmail and Google Chrome, limiting its usability for users of other email platforms.
- As a Chrome extension, Right Inbox’s functionality is dependent on the Chrome browser, which might not be preferred by all users.
- While it offers a free version, many advanced features are only available through paid plans.
- The email tracking feature raises privacy concerns as recipients might not be aware that their actions are being tracked.
- Some features may not integrate seamlessly with certain email workflows or platforms, leading to potential workflow disruptions.
Pricing: Right Inbox offers a limited free version while paid plan starts from $9.95 per month
Why should users care about email tracking?
Keeping an eye on email tracking matters. Well, it’s like having a window into how people react to your emails. Here’s why you should care:
Know if Your Email Got Noticed:
Email tracking lets you see if someone opened your email. It’s like a little notification that tells you, “Hey, they saw it!”. Thus, helping you boost your email open rates.
Find the Best Time to Email:
You can figure out the best times to send messages by seeing when your emails get opened. Imagine sending stuff when people are most likely to read it!
See What People Like:
You can check what links people click in your emails. This helps you know what they’re interested in. Pretty handy for giving them more of what they want.
Make Emails Feel Personal:
When you know what someone likes from your emails, you can talk about those things more. It’s like remembering a friend’s favorite ice cream flavor.
Figure Out Who’s Really Interested:
If someone keeps opening your emails, they’re probably pretty interested in what you’re saying. It’s like knowing who’s giving you extra attention.
Try Out Different Stuff:
You can test different things in your emails, like catchy subject lines or cool pictures. By checking what works better, you can make your emails even cooler.
See if People Don’t Like Something:
If someone opens an email but then decides to unsubscribe, it’s like a sign they didn’t like something. You can learn from this and make your emails more awesome.
Stay on Top of Things:
If you’re quick to respond when someone opens your email, it shows you’re on the ball. People like that – it’s like good manners in email form.
Measure How Well Your Plans Work:
If you’re trying to sell something or get people to do stuff, email tracking helps you see if your plans are working. It’s like a report card for your emails.
Be Smart About Email Safety:
On top of all this, tracking can also help you spot if something fishy is going on.
Email tracking is essential for enhancing the email marketing strategy and driving results. While there are various tools available in the market for different email marketing purposes, it could be confusing to choose one.
However, if your goal is just to track and analyze your efforts, we hope this list helps you with that. You can either go with the one that is enough to fulfill your requirements or use two or more to get the job done.