Email marketing has been reigning in the online marketing world for ages. However, many businesses are still not leveraging its advantages as they find it difficult to invest in email marketing tools.
But these tools are essential to help you save your time and effort.
If even you hesitate to invest in these tools, read this post further.
Here, we have enlisted the top free email automation tools utilized for different campaigns that will not only help you save your time but also your money.
So, let’s discover them.
Table of Content
1. Free Email Marketing Tools For Email Newsletter
2. Cold Email Marketing Tools For Free
3. Drip Email Marketing Tools For Free
4. Other Best Free Email AutomationTools
4.1. Google app script
4.3. Chrome extensions
4.4. Google sheet extension
Free Email Marketing Tools For Email Newsletter
Email newsletters are one of the most common and popular email marketing campaigns among businesses. If you too utilize email newsletters to provide your subscribers with relevant updates and tools, these free email marketing tools are for you.
Mailchimp offers an absolutely free plan for sending email newsletters with a monthly email limit of 2,500 subscribers and a daily email limit of 500. However, if the limit of subscribers exceeds, the sending will be paused.
This free plan includes email templates, a drag-and-drop editor, automation features, and analytics.
It includes email templates, a drag-and-drop editor, email personalization, automation features, and analytics.
Hubspot is an all-in-one platform for your marketing activities. It primarily functions as a CRM tool. Thus, bringing together your email marketing efforts and customer interactions in an easy-to-use dashboard.
It offers a free monthly email limit of 2000 with 500 emails sent per day.
EmailOctopus is another great free email marketing tool, you can use for sending email newsletters. You can send up to 10,000 emails per month with a daily limit of 200 emails.
Cold Email Marketing Tools For Free
Another popular email marketing technique used by businesses for lead generation is cold email marketing. If you run these campaigns, the following tools are for you.
Gmass is a free email marketing tool that allows you to send up to 50 emails per day using your Gmail account.
Here, you can send personalized cold emails to a list of prospects as well as track their engagement with your emails.
You can create custom templates, set follow-up reminders as well as track emails with real-time notifications.
However, you only get a 14-day free trial. You will be switched to the free forever version of Yesware but your features, and daily sent limit will be limited.
Unlike other tools, it allows you to tailor your sending pattern according to your customer’s time zone. You can distribute your emails for a number of days as well as customize your sending time that mimics human-like sending behavior.
This increases the chances of landing your emails in your recipient’s inbox.
Drip Email Marketing Tools For Free
Nothing can be better than drip email marketing for nurturing leads. The following are some free drip email marketing tools for businesses that utilize it.
Customer.io offers a visual workflow builder to create a logical drip email sequence. It allows you to combine different ways of sending messages, drag and drop email components, and build your customer journey.
However, it is not free but it offers a 30-day free trial before committing. So, you can utilize it for free for your drip email marketing campaign only for one month.
If you wish to continue with the same software after the trial, you will need to switch to their paid plans.
Hubspot is a free email marketing software, you can create custom drip sequences. It allows you to essentially trigger any action based on data available in your Hubspot CRM.
You can send up to 2,000 emails per month for free with Hubspot. Its free plan includes CRM, customizable sign-up forms, ad management, landing pages, chatbots, and more.
GetResponse does not have any forever free plan but offers a 30-day free trial after choosing a ‘Plus’ paid plan.
It offers a visual workflow builder, drag-and-drop feature, tracking facility, optimizing communication facility as well as a calendar view.
You can effectively nurture your leads with SafeMailer’s drip email software. It offers a lifetime free plan.
Here, you can highly personalize your email sequences. It allows you to add 100 new recipients each month.
With SafeMailer, you can send your drip emails according to your recipient’s desired time window, thus increasing the efficiency of your drip email campaigns.
Other Best Free Email AutomationTools
Apart from the above-listed campaigns, you may be running some other email marketing campaigns. You can utilize the following free tools for it.
1. Google app script
Google Apps Script is a free scripting platform provided by Google.
You can automate certain email marketing tasks such as sending personalized emails to specific groups of contacts, creating email templates, scheduling email campaigns, and tracking email responses.
However, please note that the free usage of Google Apps Script has limits. If you exceed these limits, you may require to upgrade to a paid Google Workspace subscription.
If your needs are basic, you can easily use Zapier to automate some aspects of email marketing, in its free plan.
You can create up to 5 Zaps and run up to 100 tasks per month. If you exceed those limits, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan.
However, it may not be the best option for businesses that require a more robust email marketing platform.
So, review your specific needs and research other email marketing services to determine which one is the best fit for your business.
3. Chrome extensions
Several free Chrome extensions are available that can assist you with email marketing automation:
- Hunter: This extension allows you to find email addresses associated with a particular website. It can be helpful for building an email list or finding contact information for outreach.
- Mailtrack: This extension tracks when emails you send are opened by the recipient. It can be useful for monitoring the effectiveness of your email campaigns.
- Boomerang: This extension allows you to schedule emails to be sent later, as well as set reminders to follow up on emails that have not received a response.
- Gorgias: This extension offers templates and macros to help automate repetitive email tasks, such as responding to customer inquiries.
However, if you have more advanced email marketing needs, you may need to consider other tools along with these extensions.
4. Google sheet extension
There are several free Google Sheets add-ons available that you can use to boost your email marketing efforts:
- Yet Another Mail Merge: This add-on allows you to send personalized mass emails directly from Google Sheets. It can be useful for sending newsletters, promotional emails, or other types of email campaigns.
- Email Extractor: This add-on extracts email addresses from a Google Sheet and saves them to a Google Contacts group. It can be helpful for building an email list or finding contact information for outreach.
- Power Tools: While not specifically designed for email marketing, this add-on includes several tools that can be helpful for managing data in Google Sheets. For example, you can use it to split or merge cells, remove duplicates, or convert text to lowercase.
- Mail Merge with Attachments: This add-on allows you to send personalized mass emails with attachments directly from Google Sheets. It can be useful for sending customized proposals or other documents.
- Email Scheduler: This add-on allows you to schedule emails to be sent at a later time directly from Google Sheets. It can be helpful for automating follow-up emails or sending reminders to customers.
However, you may need to consider other paid options for more robust features.
There are several free email marketing tools available that can help automate and streamline your email campaigns. However, there are limitations to free services. But if you are just beginning with email marketing, they are enough.
If you have more advanced email marketing needs, you may need to switch to paid services.
Q: Which businesses benefit most from free email marketing tools?
Ans: Smaller businesses, startups, non-profits, and individuals looking for a cost-effective way to communicate with their audience can benefit from free tools.
Q: Can I upgrade to a paid plan if needed?
Ans: Yes, many free tools offer paid plans with advanced features, more subscribers, and enhanced support.
Q: How do I choose the right free tool for my business?
Ans: Consider your specific needs, such as list size, features required, and ease of use. Read reviews and compare features to find the best fit.
Q: Can I track the success of my email campaigns with free tools?
Ans: Yes, free tools provide basic tracking metrics like open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribes.
Q: Can I integrate free email marketing tools with other platforms?
Ans: Yes, many free tools offer integrations with popular platforms like WordPress, Shopify, and social media networks.
Q: How can I ensure my emails don’t end up in spam folders?
Ans: Follow best practices like using a recognizable sender name, sending relevant content, and using an opt-in list.