Cold emailing can be a powerful tool for businesses looking to reach new customers and expand their customer base. However, manually crafting and sending emails can be time-consuming and ineffective. Fortunately, there are a variety of cold email automation tools available that can help streamline the process and improve your chances of success.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at 15 of the best cold email automation tools on the market. We’ll highlight their pros, cons, and pricing so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for your business.
Whether you’re a small startup or a large enterprise, there is cold email software out there that can help you achieve your goals. So, let’s dive in and explore the top 10 cold email automation tools available in the market.
Table of contents
1. Features to look for before buying cold email software
2. Top 10 cold email automation tools
2.1 SafeMailer App
2.15 Contact Monkey
3. Tips for choosing the right cold email software
Features to look for before buying cold email software
Email tracking: The ability to track email opens and clicks, as well as view recipient engagement data, is crucial for understanding the effectiveness of your cold email campaigns.
Personalization: Look for a tool that allows you to easily personalize your emails with recipient data and dynamic content, such as their name or company.
Automation: Automation is one of the key advantages of using a cold email tool. So make sure the tool has the ability to automate the entire emailing process, from lead generation to follow-up.
Reporting and Analytics: The tool should provide detailed reporting and analytics on your email campaigns. Using this you can track their performance and make data-driven decisions.
Email deliverability: The tool should have a good reputation for email deliverability. It should be able to handle large volumes of emails without any difficulty.
Email Templates: Pre-built email templates and an easy-to-use editor that allows you to create and customize your own templates will save you a lot of time and effort.
Support: Look for a tool that offers good customer support in case you have any questions or issues.
Top 15 cold email automation tools
SafeMailer is a free cold email automation software. It is one of the best email workflow tools that is designed to help businesses reach new customers and expand their customer base. The app offers a wide range of features that make it one of the best email workflow tools on the market for cold emailing.
Some key features of SafeMailer cold email software are:
Robust email tracking capabilities: The app allows you to track email opens and clicks, as well as view recipient engagement data, which is crucial for understanding the effectiveness of your cold email campaigns.
Powerful personalization: The app allows you to easily personalize your emails with recipient data and dynamic content, such as their name or company.
Scheduled Email Campaigns: You can easily schedule in advance and run your cold email campaign in different timezone.
Detailed Analytics: SafeMialer helps you learn from your email campaign’s performance. You can monitor what is working and what is not, to continuously improve your email campaigns.
Pre-build Email Template: SafeMialer has a pre-build email template library that includes 100’s of different emails for different topics. You can use the same template or edit it as per your requirement using simple HTML editor.
Cons of SafeMailer
- SafeMailer doesn’t have fancy features like an AI email generator, email verification service, etc that are provided by some other software.
- SafeMailer currently only supports Gmail or Google Workspace account
Rating: 4.8/5 as per customer survey
Pricing: Forever free plan or Paid plan starting from as low as $15
Woodpecker.co is among the top email workflow tools that helps businesses automate their email communication and follow-up processes. It features personalized email templates, automatic follow-up reminders, and real-time analytics to track the success of your campaigns.
Pros of Woodpecker
- Automate email sequences
- Integration with other tools like Salesforce, Pipedrive, etc.
- Email personalization
- Automatic follow-up reminders
- Cold email campaign scheduling
Cons of Woodpecker
- Limited free trial
- Expensive than other similar software
- Can’t send email attachments
Rating: 4.4/5 as per G2
Pricing: Paid plan starting from $49
Yesware is a sales productivity tool that helps sales teams track email opens and clicks, schedule meetings, and access real-time analytics to improve their sales process. It integrates with popular email platforms such as Outlook and Gmail, and can be used on both desktop and mobile devices.
It helps sales reps to keep track of their communication with leads and customer and also helps to increase their productivity, making it one of the top email workflow tools.
Pros of Yesware
- Yesware can be accessed on mobile devices.
- Yesware can be integrated with popular CRM platforms, such as Salesforce.
- The tool includes a calendar integration
- Provides pre-written email templates
Cons of Yesware
- Can be expensive for some small or startup companies.
- Some users may find the interface and features of Yesware to be overwhelming.
- Some people may have concerns about Yesware tracking their email activity.
Rating: 4.3/5 as per Capterra
Pricing: Premium plan starting from $35 seat/month
Lemlist is an email automation tool that helps sales teams and marketers personalize and automate their email campaigns. It allows users to create personalized images and videos in their emails, track email opens and clicks, and set up automated follow-up sequences.
Lemlist also provides analytics and reporting to help users optimize their email campaigns. This tool is especially useful for salespeople and marketers who want to increase their email open rates and make their emails more engaging.
Pros of Lemlist
- Lemlist allows users to easily add personalized images and videos.
- Users can set up automated follow-up sequences.
- User-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Provides detailed analytics and reporting.
Cons of Lemlist
- No free plan is available.
- Can be sometimes challenging to set up drip email
- You have to switch between multiple tabs to manage different email campaigns.
Rating: 4.4/5 as per G2
Pricing: Basic plan starting from $59 user/month
SalesHandy is a sales engagement platform that helps businesses increase productivity and efficiency in their sales process. It offers features such as email tracking, email scheduling, email templates, and team collaboration to help sales teams communicate more effectively with prospects and customers.
SalesHandy also provides analytics and reporting tools to help teams track their progress and improve their performance over time.
Pros of SalesHandy
- Track when your emails are opened, clicked on, and replied to.
- Send personalized emails to multiple recipients.
- An email verification tool helps check the validity of email addresses before sending emails.
- Pre-written templates for common sales scenarios, such as follow-up emails and introductory emails.
Cons of SalesHandy
- You have to pay separately for verifying email lists.
- It is a paid service, so it can be cost-prohibitive for some businesses.
- Limited mail merge capabilities.
- SalesHandy’s features and templates are customizable to some extent, but not as much as some businesses would like.
Rating: 4.4/5 as per G2
Pricing: Basic outreach plan starting from $27/month
GMass is an email marketing and automation tool that allows users to send mass emails, personalize them and schedule them directly from their Gmail account. It also provides features such as email tracking, campaign analysis, and list management.
GMass is best suited for small and medium-sized businesses, marketers, and salespeople who want to send large amounts of personalized emails and track their performance. GMass is a cost-effective tool that is designed to work seamlessly with Gmail, making it easy to use and manage.
Pros of GMass
- Designed to work seamlessly with Gmail, making it easy to use and navigate.
- GMass allows you to personalize your emails with merge tags.
- Allows you to create, manage and segment email lists.
- Cost-effective tool that is suitable for small and medium-sized businesses.
Cons of GMass
- GMass is primarily designed to only support Gmail.
- GMass offers basic automation features, but it’s not as robust as some other email marketing tools.
- It is a browser extension, which may not work well with all computers.
Rating: 4.7/5 as per G2
Pricing: Basic plan starting from $20/month
MailRush.io is an email marketing automation tool that allows users to send mass emails, personalize them, and track their performance. It provides features such as list management, email templates, and analytics.
MailRush.io offers a simple and user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use and manage, even for those with limited technical skills. It’s a cloud-based service that can be accessed from anywhere and it integrates with popular CRM, e-commerce, and other platforms. With these features, it can be counted as one of the top email workflow tools.
Pros of MailRush
- Offers automation features such as autoresponders, drip campaigns, and trigger-based emails.
- Provides 24/7 live chat support.
- Has an easy to use in-build drag-and-drop email template builder.
Cons of MailRush
- Only offers email-based customer support.
- No free plan is available.
- You have to pay extra for email warming, email validation, and LinkedIn prospecting after a certain limit.
Rating: 4.2/5 as per G2
Pricing: Basic plan starting from $19/month
Mailshake is an email automation and outreach platform that helps businesses and individuals to streamline their sales and marketing efforts. It allows users to send mass emails, personalize them, and schedule them, as well as track performance and engagement. It also provides features such as list management, email templates, and analytics.
Pros of Mailshake
- AI-email writing tool to help you quickly write your cold email templates.
- Zapier integration to connect with most other sales and CRM tools.
- Allows you to personalize email with merge tags.
Cons of Mailshake
- Restriction on number of emails that you can send per day.
- Some user on Capterra reported that their emails are getting reported as spam during bulk email marketing.
- Expensive compared to other tools available in the market.
Rating: 4.7/5 as per G2
Pricing: Basic plan starting from $58 user/month
Overloop is a sales automation and email tracking tool for sales and business development professionals. It allows users to send mass emails, personalize them, and schedule them, as well as track performance and engagement. It also provides features such as list management, email templates, and analytics.
Overloop is designed to help salespeople and business development professionals to streamline their sales process, increase productivity and efficiency, and improve their bottom line.
Pros of Overloop
- Supports both Gmail and Outlook
- Its Chrome extension helps you find prospects on LinkedIn.
- Provides detailed analytics of email campaigns.
Cons of Overloop
- Difficult to create drip emails
- Expensive as compared to other cold email tools in the market.
- Unused emails cannot be rolled over to the next month.
Rating: 4.3/5 as per G2
Pricing: Single plan that costs $99 user/month
Snov.io is a lead generation as well as one of the best email workflow tools that help businesses find and verify email addresses, as well as automate their email campaigns. It features a Chrome extension that allows you to find email addresses on various websites, a built-in email verifier, and the ability to create and send personalized email campaigns.
The software also includes analytics and tracking capabilities, so you can see the performance of your campaigns and make adjustments as needed.
Pros of Snov.io
- Helps businesses find and verify email addresses.
- Easy to use UI to schedule your email campaigns.
- Provides detailed email analytics to track your email campaign performance.
Cons of Snov.io
- It can be affected by deliverability issues, depending on the quality of the email list, the subject, and the content of the emails.
- Some users have reported some issues occurring during the drip email campaign.
- The base plan only lets you send 1000 emails per month which is far less than other cold email marketing tools.
Rating: 4.3/5 as per G2
Pricing: Starter plan that costs $30 user/month
Klenty stands out for its user-friendly interface and automated follow-up capabilities. With robust analytics and personalization features, Klenty empowers users to streamline their cold email campaigns.
Although it may have a learning curve for advanced functionalities, its intuitive design makes it an excellent choice for businesses looking to enhance engagement and track performance.
Pros of Klenty
- Intuitive interface for easy navigation
- Automated follow-ups enhance engagement
- Personalization features to tailor emails
- Robust analytics for tracking campaign performance
Cons of Klenty
- Pricing may be on the higher side for smaller businesses
- Learning curve for advanced features
Rating: 4.5/5 as per G2
Pricing: Starting at $30 per user per month.
Designed for seamless integration with Gmail, Gmelius offers shared inboxes and collaborative features for efficient outreach. Its affordable pricing, coupled with advanced tracking and analytics, makes it suitable for businesses of various sizes.
While it may lack some advanced automation features, Gmelius stands out for its user-friendly approach and compatibility with Gmail.
Pros of Gmelius
- Seamless integration with Gmail
- Shared inboxes for collaborative outreach
- Advanced tracking and analytics
- Affordable pricing for various business sizes
Cons of Gmelius
- May lack some advanced automation features
- Limited third-party integrations
Rating: 4.4/5 as per G2
Pricing: Starting at $9 per user per month.
Streak is known for its native integration with Gmail and unique pipeline management within the inbox. Real-time collaboration features and customizable email tracking set it apart. Although the interface might be overwhelming for new users, Streak offers a balance between functionality and ease of use, with a range of plans catering to different business needs.
Pros of Streak
- Native integration with Gmail
- Pipeline management within the inbox
- Real-time collaboration for team efficiency
- Customizable email tracking and analytics
Cons of Streak
- Interface might be overwhelming for new users
- Advanced features may require additional training
Rating: 4.3/5 as per G2
Pricing: Free plan available; paid plans start at $15 per user per month.
QuickMail’s strength lies in its user-friendly interface and quick setup. Offering automated follow-ups, personalized sequences, and scalable solutions, QuickMail is suitable for growing businesses. While it may have some limitations in advanced features, its real-time tracking and analytics make it a practical choice for those seeking efficiency in their cold email campaigns.
Pros of QuickMail
- User-friendly interface for quick setup
- Automated follow-ups and personalized sequences
- Real-time tracking and analytics
- Scalable for growing businesses
Cons of QuickMail
- Advanced features may be limited
- Pricing can be on the higher side for larger teams
Rating: 4.2/5 as per G2
Pricing: Starting at $49 per user per month.
Contact Monkey excels in seamless integration with major email platforms and advanced tracking capabilities. With features like A/B testing and a user-friendly interface, it caters to users looking for quick adoption.
However, custom pricing and a potential learning curve may be considerations for businesses of varying sizes, making Contact Monkey a choice for those seeking advanced analytics and optimization options.
Pros of Contact Monkey
- Seamless integration with major email platforms
- Advanced email tracking and analytics
- A/B testing for optimizing email campaigns
- User-friendly interface for quick adoption
Cons of Contact Monkey
- Pricing may not be budget-friendly for smaller businesses
- Some users may find the learning curve steep
Rating: 4.1/5 stars as per G2
Pricing: Custom pricing based on business needs.
Tips for choosing the right cold email software
Choosing the right cold email software is crucial for the success of your outreach campaigns. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
Define your needs
Clearly outline your specific requirements and objectives. Understand the features that matter most to your business, such as automation, personalization, analytics, and integration capabilities.
Opt for a platform with an intuitive and user-friendly interface. A software that is easy to navigate and doesn’t require extensive training will save you time and ensure a smoother adoption process for your team.
Ensure that the cold email software integrates seamlessly with your existing tools and platforms, such as your CRM, marketing automation tools, and email service provider. This integration enhances workflow efficiency and data consistency.
Analytics and tracking
Comprehensive analytics and tracking capabilities are essential for evaluating the success of your campaigns. Look for software that provides real-time insights into open rates, click-through rates, and other relevant metrics.
Consider the scalability of the software as your business grows. Ensure that the chosen tool can accommodate an increasing number of contacts, users, and campaigns without compromising performance.
Evaluate the pricing plans offered by different cold email software providers. Choose a solution that aligns with your budget while providing the necessary features for your business goals.
Assess the quality of customer support provided by the software vendor. A responsive and helpful support team can be crucial, especially if you encounter issues or need assistance with implementing specific features.
Selecting the right cold email software depends on your business’s specific needs and budget. Consider the pros, cons, pricing, and user ratings to make an informed decision. Each of these platforms brings unique features to the table, empowering businesses to enhance their cold email outreach strategies.
1. How does cold email software differ from regular email marketing tools?
A: While regular email marketing tools focus on engaging with an existing audience, cold email software is specifically tailored for reaching out to new, potentially interested contacts. Cold email software often includes features like automated follow-ups, personalized sequences, and enhanced analytics to support targeted outreach efforts.
2. Is it legal to use cold email software for outreach?
A: Yes, as long as you comply with relevant data protection and anti-spam regulations. Ensure that your cold email campaigns adhere to laws such as the CAN-SPAM Act (in the United States) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union.
3. Can I integrate cold email software with my CRM system?
A: Most cold email software solutions offer integration capabilities with popular Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Before choosing a tool, check its compatibility with your CRM to ensure seamless data synchronization and improved workflow efficiency.
4. How do I ensure my cold emails are personalized?
A: Look for cold email software that provides customization options based on recipient data. Features such as mail merge, dynamic content insertion, and personalized tokens allow you to tailor your emails to individual recipients, increasing the chances of engagement.
5. Is there a learning curve associated with using cold email software?
A: The learning curve varies depending on the complexity of the software. However, many cold email tools are designed with user-friendly interfaces to facilitate quick adoption. Consider platforms that offer tutorials, documentation, and customer support to assist with any learning challenges.
6. Can I track the success of my cold email campaigns?
A: Yes, comprehensive analytics and tracking features are common in cold email software. Look for tools that provide real-time insights into metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and responses, enabling you to evaluate and optimize the performance of your campaigns.